Friday, November 8, 2013

"It's just a more relaxed, happy time of year!" ???

"Tis the Season . . ." 

Below is a post from the Facebook page of the Hallmark Channel USA from yesterday. The title of my blog post is the line they posted with it.  I at first only saw the picture, and like everyone else this time of year, it invoked warm fuzzies, memories and awe.  But then I read the line they had with the post and I wanted to laugh. I'd like to find 5% of the American people that think this is "a more relaxed, happy time of year".  Unless you're Super Woman or have a mansion of servants you house will probably not look like this anytime before or after the holiday season, relaxed and happy is probably far from what you're feeling going into this season.

Is it no wonder that this time of year has the highest suicide deaths?  The highs and lows of the holiday season can try the patience of the best organized person you know, yes HOLIDAY SEASON because it starts the day after Halloween and includes not only Christmas but Thanksgiving. The stress is on and every FB posting or Pinterest pin will remind you that you're not doing "enough" to bring this picturesque scene to your home. We are bombarded with TV commercials, print ads, billboards, and now social media with images and stories of those elusive people that always have everything perfect for the holidays. From the decorating, food, and presents to the homemade craft and food items they give.

Repeat after me, THIS IS AN ILLUSION, an illusion that only the David's could pull off, Copperfield, Blaine or Tutera.

I would like to help you over the next 7 or 8 weeks with recipes, lists, suggestions, and support so that you can feel great about your holiday season instead of overwhelmed and manic.
  • Christmas cards, letters or none?
  • Recipes that will help save you time in the kitchen, before, during and after the big days.
  • To-do lists to help you know where you are or want to be.
  • Recipes for holiday food, gifts, treats, from my many years of food gift giving.
  • Simple gift suggestions for a variety of people on your list.
  • Suggestions for "me" time, don't laugh, you want to relax too right?
  • Support by email for any questions or problems you'd like me to find a solution to.
  • Support, suggestions, and to-do lists, starting in January to get you ready for the next season and give you the month of December "off".
I have been told by many that I'm one of the most organized people they know.  I'm a work in progress but I've been working on it for 35 years and I know I have some suggestions that will help you.



No comments:

Post a Comment